|Description||A morphously blue butterfly. It can give milk and dole out wisdom. Some skill(s) may be required. Butterflies usually like to be massaged first.|
A Butterfly is a free flying in-game insect that can be found in most regions. Unlike piggies, a butterfly does not require feeding.
A butterfly gives milk which can be changed to into Cheese. A Butterfly Milker will allow you to collect milk from butterflies in your home remotely. You need to be skilled in Remote Herdkeeping to use a Butterfly Milker.
Interacting (milking, massaging, etc) with a Butterfly is probably one of the most oft-complained task in the game. The easiest way to accomplish this is to use the keyboard instead of the mouse.
- When the butterfly flies above your head, press space bar to jump up;
- Press enter whilst in mid air when the butterfly is selected (outlined in blue);
- Then, use the keyboard to go up/down to select an action, or use the keyboard shortcuts which are:
- "g": Massage
- "l": Milk
- "n": Sing
- Massaging a butterfly requires the use of Butterfly Lotion unless you are skilled in Animal Kinship V. You can massage a butterfly twice in a single game day.
- Milking a butterfly gives you Butterfly Milk. Unless skilled in Animal Kinship VI, you need to massage the butterfly before milking. You can milk a butterfly twice in a single game day.
"You milked a Butterfly. The butterfly responds to your firm yet gentle touch by excreting several drops of its most precious essence. Conveniently, the butterfly also has a vial handy for holding said essence."
- Singing to a butterfly gives you a mood and XP boost. This however incurs a significant energy cost so care should be taken.