Skills enable players to gain new abilities, unlock quests and recipes, and increase efficacy and amount of IMG given for performing skill-related tasks. Lower-level skills within the same branch of the skill tree are prerequisites for higher-level skills, and some skills from other branches may be required to learn a skill. An achievement, such as spending an emblem, or an Upgrade Card may also be a prerequisite to learn a skill. There were a total of 103 possible skills to be learned as of 08/28/12.
The Learning Times for skills are influenced by the number of skills a player has already learned (or started learning) and their Brain Capacity. Each skill has a base learning time, which is increased based on the number of skills over a player's brain capacity.
In the final days of Glitch, skill learning costs were slashed dramatically - skills that had formerly needed days to learn were picked up in hours or minutes, so that most players had a chance to complete their skill trees before the game was over.
- Animal: Animal Husbandry - Animal Kinship - Herdkeeping - Remote Herdkeeping - Fox Brushing
- Cooking: Blending - Cheffery - Cocktail Crafting - EZ Cooking - Grilling - Master Chef - Saucery
- Gathering: Arborology - Bog Specialization - Bubble Tuning - Fruit Changing - Gasmogrification - Jellisac Hands - Spice Milling
- Growing: Botany - Croppery - Herbalism - Light Green Thumb - Master Gardener - Nudgery - Soil Appreciation
- Industrial: Mining - Refining - Smelting - Blockmaking - Engineering - Fuelmaking - Tinkering - Metalworking - Woodworking - Furnituremaking - Fiber Arts
- Intellectual: Bureaucratic Arts - Focused Meditation - Levitation - Martial Imagination - Meditative Arts - Penpersonship - Piety - Teleportation - Transcendental Radiation - Eyeballery